The Cool As a Cucumber workshop series is designed for makers, doers and intra/entrepreneurs looking to conquer speaking angst and improve as communicators in the moments where their voices matter most. These hands-on, beginner-intermediate level workshops prepare you to share content, pitch ideas and tell stories that create a space for audiences to relate, engage and act.
CAAC Lunch & Learn
workshop length: 60 min
A (BYO)lunch session for those looking for some quick, actionable tips and strategies for becoming more effective speakers and communicators. A great personal/professional springboard if you:
- have an upcoming or future presentation you'd like to ready yourself for and/or,
- struggle with speaking angst, preparing content and/or genuinely conveying your message
*limited to 30 attendees
(includes a complimentary ride for up to $25 *for new users* via Uber)
workshop length: 2.5 hours
Learn strategies and tips on how to effectively craft, prepare for and deliver your message as well as public speaking tips, best practices and techniques for navigating feelings of nervousness. PLUS, every participant will present for the group, get live coaching and video footage following the workshop.
*limited to 10 - 15 attendees
(includes signature CAAC nosh spread + a complimentary ride for up to $25 *for new users* via Uber)
workshop length: 4 hours
The intensive is ideal for those working on something BIG or new who need specific support with framing and sharing the idea. You'll get clear direction on how to hone your speaking style so you sound less like Obama-lite and more like you (the real you), writing support so you can polish a draft you've been working on or craft a masterpiece from scratch (during the workshop) and peer feedback plus live coaching with before and after footage that will guide you toward delivering at a level that'll make (more than just your) mom proud.
*limited to 6 attendees
(includes signature CAAC breakfast or nosh spread + a complimentary ride for up to $25 *for new users* via Uber)
For upcoming workshop dates, click here.
For Creative Companies, NPOs and Social Enterprises
Holley is an extremely talented teacher and speaker. It is obvious from the quality of her work that she is passionate about helping people grow. She has an incredible gift of connecting with people in a way that empowers them to tell their stories in an authentic and confident manner. We loved having her coach our team on their public speaking skills and we would welcome the opportunity to work with her again. Not to mention, Holley is just awesome.
- Sahana Ullagaddi
Marketing Specialist, Klout
All workshop content is tailored to meet the specific needs and desired outcomes of each company. They are designed so that employees on different teams, within different departments can:
- clearly articulate their company's mission, vision, products, etc. (in their own voice)
- have individual + team role clarity and be prepared whenever asked "What do you do here?"
- communicate confidently in group/team settings and better champion ideas
- get strategies and tips on how to effectively craft, prepare for and deliver content for (client) meetings, presentations and speaking engagements
- get tips, best practices and techniques for navigating nervousness (for those who struggle with public speaking angst) and,
- practice their delivery in a live group setting
Depending on the workshop option selected, each session includes up to 15, 1:1 laser coaching sessions for select employees (chosen at the company's discretion) that focus on one public speaking struggle area and equip individuals with actionable steps for improvement.
Lunch & Learn
workshop length: 1 hour
- open to up to 75 attendees
- 1 attendee will be selected to present as a before and after model for live coaching and feedback
Lunch & Do
workshop length: 2 hours
- open to up to 50 attendees (minimum of 15 required)
- 5 attendees will be selected to present 1-2 minutes of pre-prepared material for live coaching and feedback
workshop length: 4 hours
- ideal for small teams of up to 7
- targeted focus on team and individual preparation for conferences, presentations and the like
- live coaching and feedback + before and after video footage will be provided for each attendee
To book a private workshop for your team, group or company, click here.